Accessible Hotel in Orlando, Florida
Hotel Landy (sometimes hereinafter referred to as “hotel”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is dedicated to providing exceptional service to guests of all abilities. We strive to provide online content that provides an excellent user experience for visitors of all abilities, using any type of assistive technology to access the website.
We base our website accessibility standards on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, level A + AA success criteria. In addition, we actively work to maintain, assess, and improve the usability and accessibility of our website through the training of our personnel, engagement of experts, and regular testing of our digital accessibility.
DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY COMPLIANCE GUIDELINES AND GOALS
We follow the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines, which are in line with our philosophy of promoting usability for people of all abilities. In accordance with WCAG 2.1 AA-Level Compliance, our website strives to meet four core principles known by the acronym POUR.
- Perceivable. This includes providing alternatives to non-text content and alternatives to time-based media.
- Operable. We ensure the website is compatible with users’ browsing methods.
- Understandable. Our content and information on all amenities is provided in a clear, concise way that avoids ambiguity.
- Robust. A wide range of technologies can be used to access our site content.
CONTINUOUS DIGITAL MONITORING
Our site undergoes real-time monitoring and multiple scans per day to detect any accessibility errors that may arise due to the addition of updated content or website code. The site is continually evaluated using accessibility monitoring tools and assistive technology.
Our team of accessibility experts manually investigates each error that may appear and applies an appropriate remedy in order to ensure the site’s functionality is available to the most diverse range of users possible. Data results of scans are recorded in long-term logs so that we are able to access a snapshot of the accessibility score of the website at any given time.
WE WELCOME FEEDBACK
If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our websites or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, we are listening. Please contact us at [email protected] with a description of the issue you encountered and your contact information. Your experience matters to us.
The Hotel Landy website may contain material from social media sites such as Facebook and YouTube, which are used to share additional content about our property, facilities, and services. These third-party sites may have accessibility issues that are beyond our control. We invite you to review further public accessibility information directly from Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram.
ACCESSIBLE FEATURES AND AMENITIES
Hotel Landy On-Site Facilities
- Main entrance with sliding doors that open to a width of 76”
- Registration desk with a height of 34”
- Accessible route to the registration desk from the main entrance and rooms
- Accessible elevator with braille instructions – height of the highest button in the elevator is 48”
- Accessible route to the elevator from the main entrance, registration desk, and rooms
- Emergency exit doors open to a width of 36”
- Accessible public restroom
- Accessible route from the parking area to the main entrance
- Space to accommodate accessible vehicles
- TTY available for guest use
- Visual and audible alarms for smoke, fire, and emergency
- Guest room televisions have closed-captioning functionality
- Braille signage throughout the property
ACCESSIBLE FOOD AND BEVERAGE OUTLETS, MEETING AND EVENT SPACES, AND OTHER AMENITIES:
- Orly’s Market and Emilie Bar & Lounge have open floor plans with no doors
- Accessible route to food and beverage outlets from the main entrance and rooms
- All meeting and event spaces open to a width of 48”
- Accessible route to all meeting and event spaces from the main entrance and rooms
- TDD kits for hearing-impaired guests available at the front desk upon request
- Business center doors open to a width of 36”
- Accessible route to the business center from the main entrance and rooms
- Fitness center doors open to a width of 36”
- Accessible route to the fitness center from the main entrance and rooms
- Pool and hot tub each have an ADA chair lift and an open door width of 48”
- Accessible route to the pool and hot tub from the main entrance and rooms
- Guest laundry facilities and locker rooms have an open door width of 36”
- Entrance door width of 36”
- Bathroom door width of 36”
- One king or two queen beds
- Roll-in shower or ADA tub
- Televisions with closed-captioning functionality
- ADA door openers
- Unobstructed route to accessible rooms from the main entrance and registration area
- ADA door openers
From a digitally-accessible website to complete descriptions of all onsite amenities and features, we wish to provide a positive experience from start to finish. Please note that this accessibility statement applies to all content on the Hotel Landy website. The hotel is not responsible for any third-party content on the website.
For more information and details on our accessible facilities, please contact the hotel directly.